Wednesday, November 11, 2009
The National Anthem, Unplugged
The Lakewood City Council celebrated Veterans Day at our Monday meeting with a tribute. It began with Kenneth Heath singing the Star-Spangled Banner. The music he brought did not work with our system, and it's just as well: his voice is ... well, you can hear it.
This is, by the way, my experiment in maybe taping some Lakewood City Council stuff. This was my first experiment with a Flip Cam. I tried taping the hearing about the railroad, mentioned below, but I learned the battery life was nowhere what I thought it would be. Oh well. Least I got the anthem.
Forward this post
This is, by the way, my experiment in maybe taping some Lakewood City Council stuff. This was my first experiment with a Flip Cam. I tried taping the hearing about the railroad, mentioned below, but I learned the battery life was nowhere what I thought it would be. Oh well. Least I got the anthem.
Forward this post
Comments:
<< Home
Has there been any thought into running a simple web-cam at City Council meetings and uploading them to a YouTube channel? I can't imagine it'd take more than a few minutes a week to work out.
I think you'd have to use Vimeo or a service that allows longer videos, but it would be a great idea. Heck, a citizen could do it and win thunderous applause (hint, hint) Other cities and citizens within cities do it. Wwouldn't surprise me if the subject comes up once people see this vid. I would imagine the new council, at least, come January, will discuss outreach options like better use of video.
Post a Comment
<< Home


