Thursday, June 03, 2010
A Business that will Wake Us Up
Friday morning update: There's a picture of the place over there on the right, thanks to the Suburban Times.On the way to the senior center open house this morning, I did a double-take at Steilacoom Boulevard and Lakewood Drive. The long vacant rental place is covered in a huge red barn motif, complete with giant pigs and other barnyard animals. In front of it, there was a truck that said, "Mattress Ranch."
Frankly, I rather like it. In this day of pasteurized (no pun intended) corporate signage, that business sure made me smile. We need more smiles in this world. I'll be interested to hear what you think. The city is revisiting its sign ordinance this year, and I can see this place coming up.
I wish I had a picture; I wish my camera had worked, but if you haven't seen the building yet, you will.
The helpful folks at city hall referred me to this article in the Kitsap Sun. I could summarize it, but frankly, it's worth reading. The story is long (a gift in today's era of four-paragraph news stories). Meet our new neighbor
If your browser is not picking up that link, cut and paste this into your browser: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2009/mar/07/behind-the-goofy-ads-is-a-savvy-8212-but-soft/
Forward this post

