Saturday, June 05, 2010

Pictures from a Good Day

It was an honor to walk at the Relay for Life at Clover Park High School on the team organized to support Police Chief Farrar and his wife and I grabbed just a couple pictures to share. I got them right before sunrise when the glow of the candles was standing out. One picture is of the stadium bleachers and a special message, while the other shows just a few of the many paper bags illuminated with candles in memory of people with cancer.

Something I find fascinating about the service called Twitter is that I can send out those messages right from the stadium.

The final picture is a quick shot I grabbed when I stepped away from the dedication ceremony in Fort Steilacoom Park. Mayor Doug Richardson is commenting on some new signs installed in the park to provide visitors with information about the park and the people who lived here before us. I've had a passion for these signs for a couple years now, and made a few remarks about the value of history as viewed within a park. For more information, see one of the signs here and if you've got time, click here for more signs either already established or planned to interpret the park.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Forward this post
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?