Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Question

It's always good to question assumptions. Here's one: does anyone feel like my blog, as presently formed, is of any use? Years ago before the Suburban Times was there to share information, there was no doubt in my mind this blog had a purpose. I wonder now. I'm curious what people who don't normally reply to my blog might think - if anyone is still reading it. Let me know. I'm thinking of getting involved in another project instead. But let me know what you think. Comment, or email me at wneary@cityoflakewood.us

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Forward this post
Comments:
Walter,
I enjoy reading your blog posts (thank goodness for RSS/e-mail feeds) as well as Twitter. I also read most of your content via The Suburban Times. I do wish there was more active involvement and active discussions on local blog sites for Lakewood/Steilacoom/University Place. I often see only a few articles have comments but some sites also have very few or non-existent updates (which is why I like yours). I do appreciate sites where the conversation can remain civil (unlike The News Tribune site at some times) and connect people at the community level. I'm not really the "commenting type" as well but I do value the content greatly.

I'm probably one of the younger people who reads your blog/local blogs about local issues, but I think that's why it's so important to research and use new social media to bridge that "generation gap". :)

- M. Mezs
 
I definitely follow your blog. It helps me to see a bit behind the curtain of City Hall without having to attend council meetings. Plus, it's another local voice to listen to online.
 
I like it, and point to it from The Suburban Times. Your insights are extremely valuable.
 
I enjoy reading your blog. The local updates are great!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?